W9: From Findings to Value Propositions: Tips & Tricks for Creating Actionable Outputs
Time: 13:30 – 16:00
Location: ISCTE, Building 2, Room C408
Aim of the workshop
The aim of this workshop is to provide tools and tips related to creating actionable and strategic research outputs for the industry. Insitum will prepare and moderate a hands-on workshop that will guide participants through the process of applying different design research techniques with the aim of delivering relevant information to decision makers and business executives. This workshop will focus on providing a fresh vision on how to mix an anthropology mindset with design skills by using a human-centred approach to bring value both to the business and to the users.
This workshop will be most helpful to individuals with social science or design experience who are interested in getting to know more about delivering value to their clients and peers in non-academic environments.
What will be going on in the workshop
We will start from a research output and with the support of different design tools we will experience what occurs after the analysis of a research.
- Hands-on exercise in groups:
- Research analysis: we will provide research data that will be digested and prioritized.
- Actionable Framework: we will ask participants to do a profiling exercise (Personas) in order to start visualizing potential archetypes of users
- Customer Segment creation: we will deep dive into the opportunity identification phase while creating a customer segment within the framework of Pains, Gains and Jobs to Be Done.
- Value Proposition: we will craft potential ideas that will help us exemplify opportunity areas for a specific customer segment.
- Presentation: share results with other groups
- Wrap up and Q&A
During the workshop we will learn how to make a research output actionable and how to collaborate between research, design and business teams in a more efficient and effective way.
- Understand the value of framing research outputs for the industry.
- Experience the process of data translation: from learnings to insights, opportunities and value propositions.
- Practice with a real example.
- Reflect on how to transform personal capabilities and skills to achieve these goals.
Participants should bring:
- something to take notes with and a pen